Buyer favoured incorrectly

DanHar715
New Community Member

I recently sold a laptop to a customer i believed to at the address given in Slough, however the parcel was sent back to me as the business address given was closed. Normally the buyer would re-arrange delivery with parcel force so that they can recieve the item. However the buyer isnt from the UK and is a zambian business owner earning money through ebay in the UK by buying and selling inside the UK under false pretenses. eBay reviewed his claim and decided in my favour and said i down owe the buyer a refund or the item. I then gave the buyer a day to make up the money and send me a new address so i could send it to "him" there. He failed to do this so i had no choice but to deny any requests, At this point after the threats and arguing he contacted paypal and they decided in his favour with no review of my claim or contact with me. They now want me to pay £75 which i do not owe and will not be able to pay, how can i get paypal to understand my situation and will i have to take them to small claims court?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanHar715 

Sorry but are you saying you want to keep the item AND the buyers money?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.