Buyer damaged item to receive refund

C_x
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I recently sold an item on Depop which was in perfect condition when I sold (brand new with tags). 2 weeks after receiving the item the buyer messaged to say there was a hole in the jacket and wanted a refund. I knew this wasn’t truthful however, I asked her to send me photos of the damage and also a photo to show the tags were still intact. She never responded and instead opened up a claim with PayPal stating that when she received the item there was a hole in it and it came with no tags. When purchasing she asked if I could send it first class ready for the weekend (which I did) so I presume she has worn it once and now wants her money back. Please could you give me some advice on the best thing to do? I have evidence of the tags still intact and up close photos of the item before I sent it off which shows no hole, this person also has a few other negative reviews on her Depop claiming she’s done the same thing to them. Where does PayPal stand with this? Ideally I do not want to give a refund as it is not fair however, I don’t want PayPal to give them a refund without sending the item back to me, is that something they do? Thank you for your help
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Oliphym
Contributor
Contributor
I understand the situation you're going with right now. Rest assured though, that as long as you had proof of its state before being shipped out, and the proof of postage, it should favoe your side. Aside from that, it'll be best to keep an eye on your Resolution Center when disputes are opened so you'll respond it time and for it not to close without your notice. It'll be best to communicate with Dispute Team of PayPal since usually, the item will be shipped back first before the refund takes place, only based on the Dispute Team advise. No refund or shipping the item back that should happen unless PayPal advised so during the Case.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.