Blocked from sending/transferring money BC I can't verify my identity!!

ajstew0103
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so I haven't used paypal in a long time and I just logged back into it so a friend could send me money. ($1500) when I went to transfer it into my account it said they needed to send a text to my phone, but I no longer have that phone number. When I tried to update my phone number it wouldn't let me do it, and now I'm **bleep**. It won't give me the option to verify my identity via email, it has to be through code via text from a number I no longer have. What can I do?!?!?!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

aychua11
Contributor
Contributor

I can definitely identify with you.  My account was also put in "limited" status for no reason at all.  Just like you not having to use PayPal for some time, my account was therefore as clean as a whistle, there is not one single claim, there are no issues or claims or any unauthorized transactions.  I can see that in your case, they may be looking for an issue to give them a reason to hold on to your money because I was able to easily change my phone number.  In my present  situation, my account was put on hold just because of an irate PayPal Customer Service Agent who was lazy and felt that he did not want to provide adequate customer assistance to me therefore he put an abrupt end to the issue, period.  I'm currently in the process of seeking higher PayPal management to report this abusive, unethical practice by Customer Service Agents playing god.  By the way the PayPal Service Agent who MAY have a hand in this is "Emmanuel"-he was the last person I talked to before my account was immediately blocked.

Login to Me Too

ajstew0103
Contributor
Contributor

I also realized that the reason why they won't let me use my new phone number is because the AT&T account isn't in my name! I'm on a family plan with my parents so the phone is in my mom's name and because of that they won't let me use that number as part of my PayPal contact information! Did you have money in your account when they froze your account? Did this happen after COVID and had they already closed all the customer service lines?

Login to Me Too

aychua11
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I still had money both in the old and new accounts when they were closed and blocked respectively.  Yes this happened recently during this COVID-19 pandemic and there is no customer service to talk to.  Funny because all three Customer Service Agents told me by email that the PayPal system will never allow account closure if the account still has money in it but mine was closed although the balance was very small $13 only.  I don't know what to do next because they just kept telling me that what I said was impossible.  It's like I'm trying to steal $13 from them...hahaha!  Thirteen dollars wont even make a difference, it's just the idea that is wrong.  If someone walking in front of me accidentally drops $13 from his pocket, I'd pick it up and return it.  It's just the right thing to do, I'm not going to condemn my life just because of $13.  Right...? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.