Arbitrarily closing of my paypal account

aelkara
Contributor
Contributor

in March of this year my Paypal account was hacked and a sum of approx. 7,000Euro was drawn without my authorization, unbeknownst to me during the period of one month my MasterCard was debited on daily basis.

I have begged Paypal SuPport center or Help Desk in Egypt as my account is registered in the UAE for assistance and while 2,000Euro of the money was recovered in July, the remaining amount remained in suspense. I have escalated the matter over and over again with Paypal asking them to raise my concern with PayPal USA to no avail. My numerous requests were denied till my account was blocked indefinitely by Paypal.

At that point all my concerted efforts never made it past the help desk clerk and I was asked to simply claim the money from the bank who issued the credit card which was in itself unreasonable and simply unacceptable. The bank meanwhile asked me to handle the case with Paypal as the credit was used on its platform.

PayPal washed its hands with my case, a hacking that occurred under its watch. When I opened my paypal account in 2011 I believe it was, I felt it was a safe mean to avoid any hacking of my credit card and make safe transactions online.
Today PAYPAL proves to me that it would have been smarter to pay with the credit card as I would have been to reclaim the stolen money and block it on time.

Should anyone ever have been faced with a similar case I wish to know what other means one has to escalate this matter and which email or contact number one can write to or call.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.