Adding information to dispute

Khn4048
Contributor
Contributor
I have emailed seller several times with no response. I opened a dispute because the seller never sent confirmation of the purchase with a confirmation #. I opened a dispute, then a few days later, PayPal notified me item was shipped, with a tracking number, on 8/18/2021. It is 8/25/2021, and tracking number shows item still hasn’t reached the USPS.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Khn4048 

Escalate your dispute to a claim.

If you lose because the seller provides a fake tracking number then post back here for more advice.

If the item arrives and its not what you ordered / not as described then make sure you change the dispute quickly from non receipt. If the dispute times out before you can change it then contact customer services to open a second dispute for the new reason.

Activate the below link in case you have to return the item at Paypals request (or the correct one for your country as this is the U.S link).

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Khn4048
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. It appears that I, along with PayPal, was provided a fake tracking number.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Khn4048 

ok, post back if you lose the dispute because of that fake tracking number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WRHRandy8591
New Community Member
I had same problem with PayPal ruling in favor of seller. I took tracking numbers to post office. They gave me a print out showing packages delivered to an address across town. I scanned copies of this information from post office and they immediately issued credit. My biggest issue was that the online dispute would not allow me upload documents. I ultimately had to CALL customer service, hold a while and speak to a representative. He had me email info from post office directly to him. Credit was issued within 15 minutes. I let him know the scammed website used the label "PayPal Preferred Merchant". After I didn't get a receipt, I immediately tried to email, it bounced. Went to website and it had been taken down. Lesson learned, never use Facebook Marketplace unless it's local...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.