Payment on hold

therealari

I've been using PayPal for payment from client since 2009 without dispute. Today my payment is suddenly on hold. I contacted the customer service and got a reply. Here's part of the message:

Please be informed ,to encourage faster delivery and ensure buyer satisfaction, which will in turn help increase sales of your business, this payment is currently placed in your pending balance.

Please don't worry though – the payment will be released to you in 21 days after the transaction date and there are ways to get access to the payment sooner. Also, once you have a longer selling history with us, you can get access to your payments usually within a few minutes after the payment is complete.

To get access to the funds sooner, please process the order immediately and then log in to your PayPal account to update the status of the order. Here's how:

• Tangible items - mark as Shipped. Once you have shipped the items to your buyers, mark the order as "Shipped" and don't forget to enter the tracking information.
    1. Locate the payment on your Activity page and click on the transaction.
    2. Click Add Tracking Info.
    3. In the "Order Status" dropdown menu, select Shipped.
    4. Provide the tracking details and click Save.
  • Intangible items - mark as Order processed. If no shipping is required (e-book, piano lesson, etc.), mark the order as "Order processed".
    1. Locate the payment on your Activity page and click on the transaction.
    2. Click Add Tracking Info.
    3. In the "Order Status" dropdown menu, select Order processed.
    4. Click Save.

Your funds will then be available in the following timeframes and you can log in to you PayPal account any time to view the status of your payment.

• Domestic payments - 7 days after marking the orders as "Shipped" or "Order processed".
  • International payments - 14 days after marking the orders as "Shipped" or "Order processed".

I did the process check for the intangible items and I have to wait for days to get a payment from a day or two work? WTF?!! Why complicate things? 

How about if I get a down payment for a project? So I have to wait for days doing nothing before I can receive my down payment and start? What does that make me then? A LAZY/SLOW SERVICE FREELANCER! 

Please PayPal, just quit the shenanigans. Just check my history and release my payment, and don't ever hold my payments ever again!

I also see the send to friends and family option is now gone.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.