Paypal Here Card Reader

New Community Member

My unit will only flash the PIN light red and green quickly - Have tried full factory reset as per below:  But no joy.  WHat are the next steps please?

Insert a pin into this opening and hold it until you see the green triangle flash 8 times and one asterisk sign lit up. This indicates that the device has undergone a factory reset.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PseudoSanity
Contributor
Contributor

The next steps sadly are going to be from paypal's mouths, buy a new one!

Mine failed yesterday also, this is the main thread with exactly your issue and zero solution from paypal.

/t5/PayPal-Here-App/Software-update-for-the-paypal-here-card-reader/td-p/876899/page/2?profile.langu...

With the thread haveing close to 6000 views, it's very clear Paypal do not care for customer aftersales otherwise they'd be offering a big discount for a replacement for out of warranty devices that are obviously faulty in the first place.

Good luck, hopefully you're is in the 1 year warranty or like me, choose another vendor who may possibly care about customer retention and quality aftercare.

Login to Me Too

PseudoSanity
Contributor
Contributor

I just came across this whilst searching for other solutions to try find a fix to reflash the firmware via pc somehow, but sadly this may give you the reality of ours and the many others customers common situation of FLASHING RED and GREEN failed MIURA  card readers error and exactly how little paypal care.

http://nameandshamenow.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/trouble-with-paypal-here-v1-bluetooth.html

Who know's, they may just prove us wrong and offer a compromise....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.