Can 2 People Use The PayPal Here Card Reader?

Woodruffsdad
Contributor
Contributor

I have purchased a PayPal Here Card Reader because I am opening a new antiques/collectables shop on 1st. November 2017.

I will staff the shop for 2 days per week but my wife will be there for the other 3 that we will be open.

Obviously my wife will need to be able to use the Card Reader for sales but it is set up with my PayPal details.

What should I do to ensurethat we can BOTH take sales using the PayPal Card Reader when we open our shop in 3 days t ime?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

paelavong
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there!

PayPal Card reader can't be shared on two different accounts but I guess so long as you authorise to use your wife to use it and she knows your details that works too but again sharing accounts are never recommended.

Regards,

Paelavong

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

LaizaVenice
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Woodruffsdad,

Yes each of you can have 1 card reader.

In order to do this you need to have a verified PayPal Business account and setup a multi user access by adding your wife as an added user and yourself as the owner.

You can refer to this previous thread discussion for more information.

/t5/About-Payments-Archive/Can-we-use-more-than-one-PayPal-Here-card-reader-for-the-same/td-p/709025

I hope this information helped.

Regards,
LaizaVenice

Login to Me Too

Woodruffsdad
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you but I don't want to buy a second card reader as my wife and I will never need to have one each.

I need to know if we can share the same card reader.

Login to Me Too
Solved

paelavong
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there!

PayPal Card reader can't be shared on two different accounts but I guess so long as you authorise to use your wife to use it and she knows your details that works too but again sharing accounts are never recommended.

Regards,

Paelavong

Login to Me Too

Woodruffsdad
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  I guessed that might be the case.  I wouldn't share my account with anyone else but I think I'm safe with her!  Seems silly to have to buy 2 card readers!

Login to Me Too

paelavong
Contributor
Contributor

Glad to help! Cheers!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.