unclaimed payment

YvonneCrumell
New Community Member

hi,

bought an item off eBay.   my eBay account reads "payment pending" and my palpal account reads "unclaimed".  i tried cancelling the payment and resending it but it still reads "unclaimed".  However the seller has since sent me a message saying that she got an email from paypal confirming that she received payment from me but why is it still reading "unclaimed" at my end?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi YvonneCrumell,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum and thanks for posting!

Firstly I’d recommend not trying to send the payment again, as I believe your seller may have either listed the item with an old email address or they have not confirmed it to their PayPal account. I’d suggest to copy and paste the email address that you see against the unclaimed payment and send it to the seller in an eBay message. Ask them to then add and confirm it to their PayPal account under “Profile” and “My details”. Once they have done this, the payment will clear to their account and the status will change from “Unclaimed” to “Completed”.

I hope this helps,
Maria

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.