Using a UK Paypal account to buy and ship within Canada

mpcpba
Contributor
Contributor

Using my UK Pay Pal account (I live in th UK) can I buy from a Canadian web site and get it shipped to a friend who also lives in Canada (Calgary)?

The sellers web site allows for an alternative shipping address to the registered Pay Pal one but it also says that the shipping address must be registered with the credit card co. I can't add a non UK address to Pay Pal UK.

Any help on best way to do this so it does not fail as this is an important gift which I don't want to lose!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Get your friend to buy it with her paypal account and you send her the funds from your paypal account to hers??

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mpcpba
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks kernolass. That kind of ruins the idea of it being a gift though... The key issue is still whether or not there actually is a problem (or not) doing what I want?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but as you can't add a non-UK address to your paypal account and as for seller protection the seller has to ship to the paypal registered address of the buyer i can't see a way around it.

Do you have to use paypal? Can you not pay direct with your credit card?

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mpcpba
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem with credit card address too. 

All rather bizarre in the world of global trading and with PayPal's global credentials that this doesn't as yet seem to have an easy solution!

I have emailed the web trader to seek a solution and will post if I get an answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.