Pay After Delivery only available sporadically

KeelahQuib
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I hope someone can help.
I've had PAD active for a long while now and once upon a time, it was available regularly to me. 
Nowadays, it's nothing short of a miracle if I get the PAD option, despite it being my default payment method. 
Just this evening, I went to make a purchase on a website for £20 - Upon checking out with Paypal I was given the PAD option. I noticed I'd selected the wrong delivery method so I backed out of paypal to amend this and in the 3 minutes it took me to do so, when I went to checkout again, the PAD was no longer available. 
I know only select stores offer PAD but even stores where I have previously used PAD, it's rare I'll see the option nowadays. My account is in good standing and I have no other issues with my Paypal other than the evasive PAD. 
Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KeelahQuib

PAD has nothing to do with merchants, its paypal that offers it and as they are in fact giving you a 14 day ''loan'' then whether its offered or not and to how many people changes day to day dependent on their cash flow.

Merchants do not even know you are using it, they are still credited in advance by paypal as no seller would send an item before being paid first.

It gives you no more buyer protection so i can never understand why folks use it, it just gives you a bit more time before you have to pay in which time your item ''may'' have arrived, but whether it has or has not the funds still leave your bank account on day 14.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.