I have big NSF FEES and it's paypals fault

trentgustus
Contributor
Contributor

I've been purchasing with paypal for a long time now but at a certain amount of time paypal required me to add a bank account.  I didn't want paypal accessing my business account so I used an old savings account. There wasn't much if any money in it. Each time i would purchase with my paypal account the system would always ask me my payment method and each time i'd check the box of the credit card I have on file. However, I was buying domain names from net firms, they offered a paypal payment method.. When I clicked on the payment method it didn't send me an e-mail or anything, the page didn't go anywhere. A couple of months later I just looked at this savings account and I have $224.00 in NSF FEES for these transactions. First they attempted to get the funds from the bank account, when the funds weren't there  then they got the $8.00 charges from my visa.. (which they were supposed to do in the first place) this happened mulitple times at $42.00 each incident.

I did call in to paypal and they said that my bank would strike these fees, but they won't, the bank says that it's not their problem. If I refuse to pay the bank fees they'll take me to collections. Paypal is responsible for the problem as I had no control of this situation but I'm put in a postition that I have to sue someone for the money.. the bank says it's clearly not their fault and I have no control over what paypal did! Paypal should pay for the damages. How do I sue Paypal for $224.00 in fees for something that's not my fault!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sugarbear187
Contributor
Contributor

Contact a lawyer. Find out what your options are. Also google Class Action Suits on paypal.. i know there are others out there that paypal has **bleep**ed over... maybe there is a CAS already on the go you could jump onboard with.

Login to Me Too

marye
New Community Member
same issue here. already gone through 288 this past year
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.