How long does it take for PayPal to process a payment?

ItsAshley1996
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone! I recently bought a vinyl off urban outfitters with paypal. this is my first time buying something with paypal, Keep in mind my account isn't verified yet (No linked bank, or card) It has been "Pending" fo 2 days so far. How long does it usually take for PayPal to authorize the payment? Thanks in advance. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How do you plan to pay for the item if you have no linked bank account or card???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello ItsAshley1996!

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum! If you have made a payment via your PayPal account and the status shows as ‘completed’, the funds have been transferred to the seller account instantly.

As mentioned by @kernowlass you need to register a card or bank account in your PayPal account to complete a payment. However if you have not done this yet and your payment was completed, it sounds like you probably had funds in your PayPal balance (previous payment received).

The best thing is to log in to your PayPal account and review your account history. In there, you will be able to locate the payment if this was completed and how was funded by clicking in details (PayPal balance, card, bank…).

Hope this helps.

Carlos.

Login to Me Too

ItsAshley1996
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Carlos thanks for the answer! Yes I had money on the account, $30, I'm just not verified... The payment went through and I got an email confirmation from the store and everything, telling me that they're getting everything ready for shipping. But the summary still says "Pending" on my page, Will it be completed the day that the product arrives here or does this mean that somethings wrong? The moneys already out of my account and it paid the store. Thanks for your time 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I can help you with that one but guess you prefer to wait for a mod.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ItsAshley1996
Contributor
Contributor

Hey kernowlass you definitely helped! I guess I'll just have to wait. I was just afraid that the month would pass by and then it would get canceled but I'm pretty sure it'll be completed soon. Thanks for all of your answers sorry for my annoyance 😛

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is always pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.