How do I ensure I have PayPal Purchase Protection when paying an invoice?

thatguy7
New Community Member

Hello all,

I'm pretty new to this, and though the answer to this question might become clear the first time I actually recieve an invoice to be paid, I want to be sure I know enough beforehand to feel confident.

I see in PayPal there's the option: "Pay for goods or services" which has Purchase Protection. How does it work if someone sends me an invoice though? Will I automatically be paying for "goods or services" and/or automatically have Purchase Protection?

Is there anything else I should know about securely paying for goods from people over PayPal in general?

Thanks for any answers and advice!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thatguy7

You are always covered for buyer protection as long as you DON'T send the money via the send money > family / friends route.

However buyer protection is not a 100% guarantee for everything so you need to make sure that you have the item that you are going to buy described in detail and accurately OR you do the same for the item you are expecting to receive if you use the send money > goods / services route.

You need to really read up on buyer protection so you can risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.