Can't add foreign shipping address

micaoli
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to buy something off a site and have it sent to Argentina (I have a Europe PP), however, when I want to add the new shipping address, a small red attention sign appears on top with no text whatsoever. Why is this? I had sent stuff to countries other than my PayPal one before, why doesn't it let me add the Argentina shipping address? (It's not even that I want to change the main address, just add that new one).

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@micaoli

You can't add an international address to a 'country specific' paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

micaoli
Contributor
Contributor

So I'd have to use a workaround (contacting the site to change the shipping address after payment for example)?

It's weird, because the PayPal is in Spain, but I was able to add a UK address with no problem (maybe it's no issue because both are European Union, or sort of at least).

@kernowlass

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@micaoli

Its odd you could add a Uk address to a Spanish account  >>

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/can-i-change-my-paypal-address-to-another-country-faq1434...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

micaoli
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

The UK address though is only available (seen) if I enter PayPal through another site (that is, selecting the PayPal Checkout option from an online store). It allows me to select the payment method and when I get to the shipping address, it shows the Spain and the UK address.

However, when I go to my profile through paypal.com, it only shows the Spain address. The UK address if for sending purposes only, and was added through the PayPal Checkout option and not inside the profile menu, which is why I find it weird that I can't add another one to send stuff either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.