Invoice Payment Rejected as High-Risk Transaction

thenoveltailor
New Community Member

I'm a new freelance editor who just got their first client. I sent out an installment invoice with a link to my paypal.me link included (just in case) and my client had her PayPal account frozen for trying to make a payment on my invoice. She called PayPal Customer Service and was told by the representative that her account was frozen because it was a "High-Risk Transaction." When she asked for more information on what constituted the transaction as "high-risk," she was told that it was all computerized and that the representative didn't know. She was then instructed to negotiate alternative payment means than through my invoice.

Though we've figured out a temporary fix, I like the convenience of the invoicing features on the business plan and I'd like to use them to bill future clients. How do I need to set up my invoices so my clients don't get frozen out of their accounts when they try to pay me? How am I supposed to fix my invoicing problems when PayPal won't tell my client what went wrong? Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.