Bug when requesting money, Paypal sends the request immediately when pressing Enter key in comments

Juppy
Contributor
Contributor

I've come across a very annoying and somewhat embarrassing "feature" of Paypal's "Request Money" page. It recently resulted in me sending 4 incorrect payment requests to a client which I then had to quickly cancel.

The issue occurred firstly when I entered the amount of the request, I accidentally hit Enter on my keypad unknowingly whilst entering the amount on my datapad resulting in an incorrect amount requested. Paypal then somehow sends the request before I have completed the rest of the details, I hadn't realised what had caused the request to be sent prematurely.

The next time I was filling in a message in the request box and pressed Enter to start a new line.... BAM!  Off goes the request again before I had a chance to complete my message... I still hadn't realised what was going on or why this was happening so tried again with same result and finally it clicked as to what was causing it. I thought I had it all figured out and sent a final request which all seemed ok, only to discover a few seconds later that my currency had defaulted to AUD (Im sure it was previously set to USD, even though Im in Australia). So that last time was perhaps my fault.

Can Paypal please remove the "feature" whereby pressing Enter automatically sends the request. This is occurring in Chrome on Windows 10. Not sure if the issue exists in other browsers.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.