Notes

ClumsyCardhouse
Contributor
Contributor

I help my girlfriend run a boutique and when she sends an invoices she puts the purchased item in then notes. I then receive someone has paid invoice I go to payment received and I know what needs shipped from the notes. All the sudden AFTER the invoice is paid the note now longer shows in the payment received information. Before payment received the note is still there but once paid and you open you see no notes. I tried searching the forums and I’ve seen similar results for 2010 and 2017 but this worked for us in 2018 up until yesterday in 2019? Is it a glitch? Any help is appreciated, I don’t have an in depth knowledge of PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ClumsyCardhouse
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, so after a couple tickets in they have removed this option to leave a note for yourself but the buyer can leave a note for you. RIDICULOUS if you ask me because we used this for how we worked. There is nothing we can do and it’s not a glitch 😞 I downloaded the PayPal business app and send out invoices through there and you can note your items and it’s working so far. PayPal is really not that great after getting further into it!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jenniferoster
New Community Member

I too own an online boutique and this has been the case for me as well. I called paypal and after an hour long phone conversation, they had me fill out a "ticket" to have tech support know. They said they don't know how long it will be a problem and couldn't give me any information on it... if it's not broken, don't fix it. I don't know why they felt the need to take this from people who obviously use it.

Login to Me Too

nikitadiep
New Community Member

I've also had an issue with the transaction notes only recently disappearing from my Activity, and calling PayPal customer service was NOT helpful. How am I supposed to know if monies are for bills or for other less important things? Ridiculous. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

ClumsyCardhouse
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, so after a couple tickets in they have removed this option to leave a note for yourself but the buyer can leave a note for you. RIDICULOUS if you ask me because we used this for how we worked. There is nothing we can do and it’s not a glitch 😞 I downloaded the PayPal business app and send out invoices through there and you can note your items and it’s working so far. PayPal is really not that great after getting further into it!
Login to Me Too

nikitadiep
New Community Member

Ugh, who made that decision? Thanks for the reply. All of my transactions have been for personal stuff, so I'll probably just move to Venmo instead to keep better track. Good luck friend!

Login to Me Too

ClumsyCardhouse
Contributor
Contributor
I posted their official reply to me. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

ClumsyCardhouse
Contributor
Contributor
“Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Support. As you noticed, we made some changes in our system. Buyers' notes (if left) will show within the transaction details. Sellers' Notes will NOT be shown any the transaction details any longer. It is not a technical issue. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have additional questions please contact our frontline customer service at[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] As such, this ticket will be closed. Sincerely, Gerald Global Technical Support PayPal, Inc.”
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.