Nonprofit w/ business acct, invoices can't be paid "something is not right. please try again later"

KProuty
Contributor
Contributor

We send invoices to other nonprofits and state agencies. We started with a pilot of two that need to actually pay with credit cards. The first month, everything went smoothly. The second month, things aren't going so well. They keep getting the error messsage, "something is not right. please try again later."

With one nonprofit, we canceled the invoice and sent a new one and that worked.

With the second nonprofit, that didn't work. They still can't pay it.

Unfortunately, we need to charge a nominal fee to provide this vital training around Covid and issues that disproportionality impact marginalized communities. We are still running these at a huge loss. (Unless Paypal wants to step up to the plate and underwrite everything?) 

We want to expand this option to all agencies next month so agencies can use the bulk invoice payment option rather than having to go through the payment process for EACH employee. However, we can't if we can't figure out what is going wrong with the process.

I have a message into the help center. I've searched EVERYWHERE for answers and can't find anything, but I thought I would ask here as well.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

KProuty
Contributor
Contributor

I think I may have found the answer. Paypal says it supports Internet Explorer 11, but I think both parties that tried to pay the invoice use IE 11. They shouldn't, but they do. I sent myself an invoice and somehow found IE and got the same error message. Had no problem using another browser.

Paypal MUST do a better job with error messages!

Hope this helps someone.

Login to Me Too

KProuty
Contributor
Contributor

One more thing, this behavior changed between last month and this month, so the change happened on Paypal's end. Two different agencies successfully did this last month. They got that error message this month.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.