Class-Action against Bill Me Later

axekicker
New Community Member

Let me know if you're interested in participating in a possible CAL against BML and its deceptive marketing practices. Remember, there is strength in numbers. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

UT5299
New Community Member

Can you provide more details regarding the class-action lawsuit? Can you provide examples of deceptive marketing practices?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

idolasers
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I can provide and examle of deceptive marketing practices. 

I somehow "signed up" for Bill Me Later completely without my knowledge.  That's some pretty effective deception, don't you think.

I thought I was paying a bill through the usual Pay Pal procedure, where they take it from my bank account, backed up by a credit card.

And then I learn that I have  been charged late fees by Bill Me Later for not paying on a balance I didn't realize I had.

. . . . Pretty effective deception there.

It's time to bring these thieves down.

Login to Me Too

Crafting58
New Community Member

I just received a telephone call about my Bill Me Later (late) payment.  I too thought my payment was taken care of through my PayPal account as I already had credit card information on record.  Unknown to me they tell me (today) that it was a 6 month promotion. ( Like 60 days to pay without fees).  Hector also explained that I have been sent mail directly to my home, which was never received and emails that asked me to click into the link but never would let me into my Bill Me Later account.  Why?  Because he says I never went in and set it up.  WHAT!?!  I have a PayPal account that charges my credit card for my purchases (so I thought) and I received statements from PayPal showing my charges were paid.  So now I just gave my credit card information to Hector, Operator ID#3504 and paid an extra $67.84 plus $136.07 that PayPal had been telling me I had paid!  I plan to look into this more b/c I really feel its a scam practice as a way for PayPal to set us up.  Here is a phrase I pasted right from the PayPal website.....

This states it IS "a Paypal service" !!!!    I am not happy about giving them $67.84 extra especially when I was under the impression my purchases had been paid.

Here is information from my email PAYMENT...for others to contact, if needed.

Customer Service at 1-866-528-3733 or visit us at https://www.bill-me-later.com.

Login to Me Too

rebcat
Contributor
Contributor

I bought 2 items on ebay and have always used paypal that either makes the payment from my account balance or takes it from the checking account that is attacjed to the paypal acct.  I just opened my Bill me later invoice and see that they masde those paymants so I am on being charged interested on the 2 payments. I emailed paypal to find out what the **bleep** is going on.  It may come to a class action lawsuit if they have been doing this to others who just have nt piced up on it. I use Bill me later for ordering flowers, or food shipped to people as gifts, that's all.

Login to Me Too

idolasers
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I can provide an example of deceptive marketing practices. 

I somehow "signed up" for Bill Me Later completely without my knowledge.  That's some pretty effective deception, don't you think.

I thought I was paying a bill through the usual Pay Pal procedure, where they take it from my bank account, backed up by a credit card.

And then I learn that I have  been charged late fees by Bill Me Later for not paying on a balance I didn't realize I had.

. . . . Pretty effective deception there.

It's time to bring these thieves down.

Login to Me Too

FalconFour
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so in on this.

You know how insulting it is to be declined for $100 purchase because I'm PayPal's target audience: a college-age geek? Nobody my age is going to qualify for any kind of serious "on demand credit" like this. I might qualify for $3000 of credit card credit, but somehow not for a piece-of-junk $100 purchase? One decline like that, and you've lost me. I'd rather put it on my comfortably-balanced credit card 😛

Until they advertise that they've improved their credit process (I'm not going to try again to find out)... I'm just getting sick to death of constantly being advertised "WHY DON'T YOU USE BILL ME LATER? HUH? HUH? CLICK ME!".

Login to Me Too

aspb
New Community Member

Very interested in being a party to the lawsuit against Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too

aspb
New Community Member

idolasers
Contributor
Contributor

I am absolutely intersted  in participating in a class action law suit against Bill Me Later. How do I sign up??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.