PayPal Outlook Payment Wizard Beta

PayPal_Jonathan
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Dear Valued Merchant,

Thank you for participating in the Outlook Payment Wizard beta program.  Your input is highly valuable to us, and will work towards creating an improved Wizard to better serve your needs.

We’ve added more currencies, a few more types of payment requests, and a wider range of merchant variables in this version of the Outlook Payment Wizard. 

This beta test will run until August 3, 2010.  All you need to do to take part in the beta is to uninstall the version of the Outlook Payment Wizard you currently have on your PC, and then download and install the beta Outlook Payment Wizard available here.  Throughout the beta, post your feedback and questions on this forum or send an email to jonathan@paypal.com.  Finally, at the end of the beta program, we will ask you to complete a short survey.

Thanks,

Jonathan

PayPal  

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

TrinTec
Contributor
Contributor

First, I'd like to say I LOVE the new look of the Outlook AddIn. It makes it so much easier to create a link for my clients to pay their invoices without having to go to PayPal's website and create a new button.

This is my first run of the AddIn:

1. Clicked the PayPal Payment Wizard button in my Outlook Toolbar.

2. Chose "Single item purchase (Buy Now)"

3. Chose "United States - U.S. English" as my country and location.

4. Chose Pay Now button with credit card icons.

At this point, I receive following error message:

"There is no region associated with the Invariant Culture (Culture ID: 0x7F)."

(Abort/Retry/Ignore)

Any of these options give me the next error:

"Fatal Windows Forms Error"

(Abort/Retry/Ignore)

Any of these options resulted in Outlook crashing to desktop.

I did notice that just before Outlook closes, that a form tries to load (can see controls, but no labels or text).

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

vinceanderson
New Community Member

I get the same errors running outlook 2010.  I've got 2007 on another machine, maybe I'll try it on that one

Login to Me Too

Areanne
Contributor
Contributor

I downloaded the Outlook Beta wizard yesterday.  I had to go looking for the program that would unzip and install the file, which I did find (might help to give instructions re: this with the download link).  Got everything downloaded and installed.  So happy to be able to use the Wizard on my Windows Vista 64-bit system at last.  Sent an invoice right away.  Got a copy in my email same day.  Today I got notification that the invoice was paid.  So it looks like the Outlook Wizard is working brilliantly -- at least for me.  Thanks heaps.  A.

Login to Me Too

JerryVaughn
New Community Member

My first attempt at installation brought the errors and found I did not have permissions. I am using a dual boot with Windows7 on D:. I reinstalled to D not realizing the first time default was C:. This installed the toolbar came up but did nothing (apparently the button is linked to C:; let me know if this wrong). Then, I changed setting to co-own C and reinstalled to default directory. The program crashed with the 'There is no region associated...' (Same as TrinTec above) and closed Outlook. Please help.

Login to Me Too

Boomers
Contributor
Contributor

No success.  The wizard installed with no error messages or issues on a Windows 2000 machine running Outlook 2002.  The previous version of the payment wizard had been un-installed.  The Oulook addin never happened .  No toolbar appeared.  Ran repair in Add/Remove programs for the wizard, still no success.  Ended up uninstalling the new wizard and reinstalled the old one.  I'll test the install on a different computer when I get a chance.

Ed

Boomers Supply Company

Login to Me Too

TrinTec
Contributor
Contributor

Oh yeah, I guess it would be helpful to let you know what I'm using. 😉

Windows 7 64-bit

Outlook 2007

If it helps, I was using the old add-in on the same system and, though I couldn't get the add-in to work in Outlook, I was able to use the program directly (.exe).

Login to Me Too

djty
New Community Member

I just installed on my machine and I dont have anything now.

Windows XP SP3 32 bit

Outlook 2007 Esterprise Edition

Going to uninstall now and put the old one back on so I can actually invoice my customers now...

Login to Me Too

EChance

Hi all:

Just discovered my Paypal payment wizard had stopped appearing in the Outlook toolbar. When through un-install, install and reboot several times. Under Outlook Tools>Options>Other>Advance Settings>Com Add ins, I find the Outlook Add in listing with no check mark. "Property" is set to load on Startup (of Outlook). I click to add the checkmark, close the Com-Add in panel, then re-open. The checkmark has been removed again.

Any idea where else I have to turn on the wizard so I can use it again?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.