Oh no...bank account didn't recognize transaction!

MoodyMare
New Community Member

I'm kind of freaking out...I'm new to PayPal, so I was unaware that the name of the bank account and the name of the account on PayPal must match. Well, I tried to transfer funds to my bank account, but nothing has shown up on my account...and on PayPal, it says the transfer was completed. So I have no money left in PayPal and none added to my account. Is the money officially gone? It was payment for work, and I'd really have to have it completely wiped out! If I change the name of the account on PayPal now to match the actual account name, is there a way to get the money? It says it was "confirmed"...does that mean I just should wait it out, like my bank is still processing the transfer? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Vee-knee
New Community Member

I would usually wait.... Banks tend to take awhile to transfer funds pending the time and date of the transfer. Such as if you did it during peek hours (12pm) then the funds should have transfered into your account. It also takes a bit longer if you aren't verified. But lets say you did the transfer at 5 which would mean it would take up to 24 to 48 hours to transfer the funds. depending on the bank of course and their hours of operation. 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.