pay after delivery

codieandpoppy
New Community Member

Right im new to this PAD how the hell do you use it? my account is all conformed every thing is linked that should be , but when i buy any item at checkout it says i cant use PAD , Ive made sure that in my profile it is turned on , Im trying to buy xmas gifts for my kids off ebay but i cant select the PAD option , Any help would be most welcome

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its not offered on every site and on ebay its not offered on every transaction.

You can only use it when it is offered.

Personally I wouldn't bother with it, you have more protection funding your paypal payment with a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jesroo
Contributor
Contributor

Proper stupid, i cant find anything on ebay where you can use PAD! 
My friends says it shows on all her orders! 
Its driving me crazy!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Have you been offered it???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sam215
New Community Member

Pay After Delivery (PAD) is a method of payment that PayPal is offering to customers, where you don’t pay for your purchase until after you’ve received it.

PayPal pays the seller immediately, so they can send you the item straight away, but we won't debit the money from your bank account until 14 days after the purchase. This gives you time to receive the item and check that it’s up to standard.

Even if you're eligible for PAD, it will only be offered for certain purchases. When it’s available you’ll see the option on the 'Review Your Information' page during checkout. There’s no charge for making a PAD payment and you’re covered by our Buyer Protection, even after we’ve debited the money.

You need a confirmed bank account to be considered eligible for PAD.

After you’ve made a Pay After Delivery payment, it automatically becomes the default way to pay when it’s available. You can switch it off at any point.  

Here’s how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/ukand log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profilenear the top of the page.
  3. On the left, click My money.
  4. Beside ‘Bank accounts’, click Update.
  5. Under 'Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay', click Turn this option off.

If you have not yet been offered it and you would like it, follow this link below to enroll:

Hope this helps 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.