Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds

abdi
New Community Member

Hello there ..

My account is verified, however my clients get the following error when they try to send me funds.

"Your recipient is not able to receive funds at this time. Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds."

Any body advice me on how to resolve this issue ...

Thanks alot.

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

As you can only send funds you can’t use PayPal to receive payments. I would advise you contact eBay for further advice on other payment sources you could possibly use.

Login to Me Too

wanam
Contributor
Contributor

My account is verified, i can receive donations by mail, My country figure on "Send. Receive. Withdraw to a U.S. Bank Account or a card." list, but my donators are getting the same message "Your recipient is not able to receive funds at this time. Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds" when clicking on my donate button.

Login to Me Too

wanam
Contributor
Contributor

Support please.

Login to Me Too

Fabio_B
New Community Member

To start accepting payments you need to click "Set up your Account" on your "Account Overview". And you receive a message that you're not set-up yet. So you got to set-up your bank account or Crédit/Débit Card that will receive your payment...

That is, IF your country is in the list of countries that can receive payments!

Login to Me Too

richenne
New Community Member

now I walking with an empty **bleep**ing walletSmiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Just to add some clarity: 

If the account is verified and the email is confirmed, this error is usually caused if an account has no financial instrument capable of withdrawing funds attached. This may not be a rule for all countries, but some will have that requirement.

In some cases the account may be fully verified using a Mastercard, however the withdrawals are possible only to a Visa or a US bank account. Again, depending on a country. 

The easiest way to check your account's suitability to receive money is to attempt a Request Money on top of the screen where the rest of the tabs is. You should get a message indicating that the account is not set up to receive funds and a link to steps to correct this.

I hope this helps.

Michael

Login to Me Too

eriearmenia
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot MichaelL, this topic is very usefull!

Login to Me Too

MarkWeb
Contributor
Contributor

I have similar problem and doing some research why I get this error.

The answer is that PayPal no longer support Donate button unless you are non-profit organization.

I create Buy Now type of PayPal button, change image to say "Support my blog" and aks my friend to send me 1$ and it works now!!!

I get $0.67

1$ - 0.30$ per one transaction - 0.03 (3.4% form 1$) = 0.67$

One question to PayPal stuff :

Is it OK wit PayPal policy to use Buy now button for supporting blogs or web sites?

Login to Me Too

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Your account is likely in a country that doesn't support donation flow (usually it is due to local legal/tax requirements incompatible with PayPal's mechanism).

We can't quite recommend using "buy now" button to accept donations, but from technical perspective it should be working correctly.

Such transaction will also show as purchase on the donor's account and credit card statement, which may be confusing.

Regards,

Michael

Login to Me Too

MarkWeb
Contributor
Contributor

PP_MTS_MichaelL

Thanks on answer!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.