Scammers: Julie Lay and Dennis Olakunle

coryzeti
New Community Member

I have a laptop for sale and was contacted by Julie Lay. Long story very short is she asked no real buyer questions regarding my $1250 laptop and seemed very rushed to pay me. She asked me several times for my pay pal acct info. Another weird thing was on her second email to me she included a picture of a NC drivers license for Julie Lay...looked authentic. I suspect the real Julie Lay's license has been stolen

Julie Lay's email address is a yahoo acct, starts with silverjones84

She said she was in N Carolina but would never give me a shipping address. Then she tells me I need to ship it to the following address:

Dennis Olakunle
22. Olubodun Street Ijesha
Surulere
Lagos 23401
Nigeria

Again, she was willing to pay whatever the shipping quote I gave her PLUS $50 and wanted my pal pal acct. realizing this was all very bogus I did some googling and found that Olakunle had scammed several pay pal acct holders in the UK.

Summary - BEWARE

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

emartini
New Community Member

Hi Yes I got the same thing for my iphone 4. I sent an invoice but never received any payment. Can they hack our account through an invoice? I hope not. Now Im a bit worried. I never shipped anything but they wanted me to send to

Nigeria

Dennis Olakunle
Surulere
Lagos 23401
I better call pay pal now. Oh Lord!
Login to Me Too

selam
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me. I cancelled the invoice within less than an hour of  sending it out. Should I still be worried? 

I am freaking out! 

Login to Me Too

hockeyplayer866
New Community Member

I can confirm that this is a scam. I was contacted from someone about my Amazon sale, they said they wanted me to help them ship it to their friend in Nigeria, They offered me an additional $70.00 to pay for the USPS express shipping ONLY. blah blah blah, long story short, after I sent them the invoice from paypal, they sent me a fake paypal email confirming that they have indeed sent the money. I simply googled the adress they sent me for the recipient and found a bunch of scams that were exactly the same.

Login to Me Too

haleybob1228
Contributor
Contributor
I got one of these tied to the same address but different names (Edward Grimes and apparently Dennis' brother Lawrence) when I had my iPhone 4 up on Amazon. Edit: removed email address of person who sent phishing email
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The email addresses are often hijacked so whilst that person may be trying to recover their account you are posting it live on the internet for them??  Smiley Sad

Can you edit your post and remove the email addy??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

burto
New Community Member

New scammer; David E. Brown connected to Dennis Olakunle,

22 Olubodun street Mushin Lagos Nigeria 23401

Login to Me Too

favoriteword
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me! Stephen Lundquist. Thank god I read these posts and didn't send it! 

He wanted me to send it to: 

Mushin
Lagos 23401
Nigeria

Login to Me Too

lgcollins11
New Community Member

I was just almost scammed by them! the laptop was being sent to "Lawrence Olakunle." The "buyer" goes by the name Kelly Perronne now!

Login to Me Too

kiythetruth

Yep her name is Kelly Perrone now, she's a scam don't fall for it!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.