Receiving money for items before dispatch of goods

Glutenfree2008
New Community Member

I'm new to this game, i.e. selling goods online and receiving payment via paypal.  Can I have some advice from you experts out there please re: once payment is set up into my account by the buyer, will funds be credited regardless (automatically) within 3 days?  I'm concerned about dispatching my goods before money is in my account.  Also, is it possible for buyer to withhold payment after setting up?

Thanks,

not very trusting Glutenfree2008

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When you sell something, the funds are credited to your PayPal Account Balance.  After that you ship the item.  You can then transfer or withdraw the funds to you bank account if desired.

You should have either a PayPal Premier or PayPal Business Account and make sure that you successfully verify your account before you start selling.  You should also familiarize yourself with the PayPal User Agreement and follow the guidelines for Protection for Sellers.

https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_...

If you're concerned about being scammed, yes, it's quite possible therefore, you need to follow the guidelines in the User Agreement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.