Re: I Need Help! I'm NEW to this...

Ashee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I have just recently sent money to someone with there email how do i know if the other person has receieved my money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Ashee

You will receive an email from PayPal saying you have sent a payment  for x amount to persons name! Then if you log into your PayPal account you can look for the transaction to see if it has completed

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Ashee

You will receive an email from PayPal saying you have sent a payment  for x amount to persons name! Then if you log into your PayPal account you can look for the transaction to see if it has completed

Login to Me Too

Ashee
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you vey much.

Thats right, everything you have mentioned is correct and has happenend.

But does the other person have to accept the payment and how will I know if they have or not?

Hope you can help.

Thanks for the reply.:smileyhappy 🙂

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Paypal to paypal payments are normally straight away although I think they say within 48 hrs, theres no way you can check they have received it unless you ask them.

Are you purchasing something from gumtree?

Login to Me Too

Ashee
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

Yes I am buying a phone from Gumtree!

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Ok so when you purchase anything make sure its always for goods,be careful of scammers keep in touch with your buyers so you know when you will receive your item.

Also remember you never need send additional money to someone for shipment/couriers etc and there is no paypal in Nigeria as there are a lot of Nigerian scams going around.

If unsure about anything always come back or research it first.

Login to Me Too

Ashee
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help!

Much appreciated!

And I have paid for the phone and I'm just waiting for it to be delieverd to me.

However I can't seem to be getting any replies from the buyer.

Fingers-crossed everything goes well and I recieve it in full working order.....

I'm getting worried though 😕

But all may be good?

Thank you once again for All your help.

It is so kind of you to reply to my problems.

Your totaly AWESOME Minty1       Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Yes this is why I said keep in touch with the buyer as when you dont receive replies it can be worrying and a scam but also it may be all good.

How long ago did you purchase the phone?

Remember if you dont receive it in a reasonable amount of time or it is not as described(non working etc) open a dispute in the paypal resolution centre.

Youre welcomeSmiley WinkSmiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Ashee
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

Only yesterday so I have to be patient and I'm just waiting now.....

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Yes far too early, hope all goes well

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.