How do I get rid of pay after delivery?

adspw
Contributor
Contributor

I never asked for this and the number of emails I'm getting informing me of this is becoming irritating. I don't want pay after delivery, I just want the usual service. How do I get it?

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

PLANTOX
New Community Member

I FIND THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR ME  THERE SHOULD BE AN OPTION TO HAVE THE MONEY TAKEN WHEN YOU HAVE RECIVED AND ARE HAPPY WITH THE ITEM AS THIS WOULD KEEP MY BAK A.C UP TO DATE AND THE MONEY IS THERE IN MY A.C TO PAY  AS IT IS EASY TO THINK IT IS OFF YOUR A.C

Login to Me Too

jinks
Contributor
Contributor

I have switched it off as well buty no effect they still do it. Its so annoying

Login to Me Too

GeorgieB
New Community Member

How to switch it off?

I want goods sent out when I order them and there are those offering PayPal often don't send stuff until payment is made. I have looked in setting and can't find how to change it back.

Georgina

Login to Me Too

killerheelsuk
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it can. Go to main screen - Profile - drop down option "my Money"  See the Pay after delivery option on the left - there is an "update" link on the right, click remove and it will be turned off!

Login to Me Too

shellsowner
Contributor
Contributor

Great thanks. Don;t know why it;s started doing that I forgot who it was i;d paid it was so long after delivery

Login to Me Too

alan1960
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you I did not ask for this option to be turned on and making sure money was in my account for the day collected was a real pain

Login to Me Too

jinks
Contributor
Contributor

You will have to ring them i just did and he told me its the only way to stop i so ring them or it will still do it.

Login to Me Too

Nislander14
Contributor
Contributor

I can't see 'Profile' or 'My Money'. Pls help!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nislander14

Thats because you are posting ''in the middle'' of a thread 3 years old with out of date information.

>>

To change the default way you pay for purchases:

1.Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk.
2.Click the COG SYMBOL 'SETTINGS' near the top right of the page. (spanner thing next to log out).
3.Scroll down to 'Payment Settings'.
4.Click 'Pay after Delivery',
5.Under 'Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay', click 'Turn this option off'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jinks
Contributor
Contributor

I switched it off but it has not swityhced off. I still get emails telling me when payment will be taken  It tells me its not my preferred way tom pay but still does it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.