total disgrace paypalcan says it can hold my money for 3 weeks !!!

petefairburn
New Community Member

just recieved message from paypal saying that its holding onto£ 42 ebay sale of one of my flying suits and it wont let me withdraw to my bank account !!! and then said it can take upto 21 days !!! never again 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

We have all been through it. It is part of buyer protection for new sellers.

When a buyer files a dispute with paypal and the seller refuses to refund for items they did not receive then under buyer protection paypal has to refund them.

So to protect themselves as a business they hold all payments for new sellers until they have a proven good selling record.

However your payments are released earlier if:

1. Your buyer leaves pos feedback. (normally released within 48 hours).

2. You have added a tracking number to paypal and that tracking number shows the item as delivered + 3 days.

All new sellers have the payment hold. Didn't bother me, i just listed cheapish stuff to get me up to the 100 transactions more quickly and after that you don't get a hold as long as you are a good seller.

Also as buyer protection means buyers are more happy to use paypal and buy it means more sales for the rest of us so we all benefit. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.