pending withdrawl

angiemc67
Contributor
Contributor
well thanks very much paypal made a number of withdrawals some said 72 hours but one said 2 hours to process 48 hours later still waiting now going to have bank charges
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@angiemc67

Normally 2-24 hours in the UK unless you get a random security hold of 72 hours but normally you will get an email to tell you that.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

angiemc67
Contributor
Contributor
72 hours later still waiting never again will I use PayPal for withdrawing if I had transfered it through my bank I would have had it by now
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@angiemc67

In 15 years I have never waited over 72 hours, are you sure you added and confirmed your bank account correctly?

As for not using paypal that is entirely up to you but no one here to be honest is bothered if you do or not as we have nothing to do with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Anna_G
Contributor
Contributor

By the way @kernowlass, sorry to interrupt the conversation but I'm going to check your 72 hours theory just now. I'm prretty sure I inittiated a withdrawal Sunday and the 72 hours are over in about 10 minutes (I remember the exact hour - minutes...). 

Just trying to be helpful, I'd be surprised if things are so automated though! It seems as they're holding payments untill you ask for manual intervenion or your wihdrawals are forgotten...(just my recent experience over the last 2 months, don't want to sound too rude).

Anna 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anna_G

If its the 72 hour hold it does normally release dead on the 72 hours so that would be interesting.

And to be honest as 72 hours is the longest that they say they will hold it in the UK then I wouldn't blame anyone for being rude if they did not get it then.    Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Anna_G
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

You were right! 🙂

Money was released, it seems exactly after the 72 hour period. 

So to the OP: Money is "pending" maybe because the bank can't process it? This is the only option that explains it, it seems, I am having similar issues with Amazon sometimes. The status (from Amazon payments - NOT Paypal) will appear as "pending" because my bank fails to confirm the payment. 

OP should contact Paypal again or double check their bank account/card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anna_G

Glad you got it ok but the 72 hours option is one of paypals random security holds.

It often happens when you withdraw the funds ''as soon as'' the buyer pays. As you may or may not know when a buyer pays paypal credit you the funds and then paypal waits for the funds to transfer from the buyers bank account.

So if you withdraw those funds straight away it can trigger the 72 hour hold to allow those funds from the buyer to play catch up   Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.