payment recieved but not showing in wallet?

dylans123
New Community Member

Received a payment from ebay customer £20, this has show as a credit on paypal of £19.12 (charges taken for use of paypal) but when I look in wallet my balance is nil? I normally use paypal just to purchase items and monies are debited as my card is linked to the account but I do not have my actual bank account linked to paypal due to past problems with fraud so this worries me. The transaction was done on 9/7/16 so its now 12 days later and not showing in paypal account or as a credit into bank account. If debit transactions come from my linked card surely credit transactions should be credited to card?......or do I need to lind my actual bank account?

Thanks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dylans123

Once funds are in your paypal balance they are either used to fund future purchases (as that would be used first if there were funds there) OR you can withdraw them to your linked bank account.

You can't withdraw to a card in the UK.

If you did not withdraw them then  >>

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payment rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.