Withdrawal Pending

Soysauce
Contributor
Contributor

Ive never had this happen before and ive sold loads, its been sat at pending and will in 6 hours be at the 24 hour mark. I just found out it says it can take up to 72 hours yet on the email it says 24 and if you click the link to the user agreement its a broken link. This is majorly unfair as its holding me up posting the item I have sold!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

robert16
Contributor
Contributor

Reporrt it !!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You should not list an item if you can't afford to post it before you get the funds from your paypal account to your bank account.

Very unfair on your buyer. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Soysauce
Contributor
Contributor

Did I say I couldnt afford to post it? Please dont jump to conclusions without the facts. My problem is that its a high value item and I have been stung by eBay/Paypal before and sent an item out before my payment clears only to have it reversed even though I provided proof of posting and the buyers feedback saying they recieved the item and were happy with it and I lost out. This will be the last time I use Paypal or eBay because of this issue. If it doesnt clear by tomorrow morning I am just going to have to yet again post it out and hope its an honest buyer as I dont think they should suffer because Paypal/eBay are terrible. Guess what I paid my fees and it instantly came out? Try to withdraw and it sits for 24 hours and nothing just sat at pending. I think its unfair.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Proof of postage is not proof of delivery and paypal only accept proof of delivery for an item not received dispute.They don't consider feedback as that can be left to the wrong seller by mistake by a buyer.

And it is pointless waiting to transfer your funds before posting as if you lose a dispute and have no funds in your paypal account balance paypal will put your account into negative and restrict it until you pay them back again and if you don't then send in debt collectors etc....so best to just send the item promptly to your buyer.

Best thing to do is make sure you are covered by seller protection AND make sure you insure and send trackable any pricey item so if lost in the post you can refund your buyer and claim off the insurance to reimburse yourself.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Soysauce
Contributor
Contributor

You say that but again its jumping to conclusions. They had a signature from the buyer and it showed clearly the buyers name as the signature also the buyer said they were happy with the item in the feedback and it was sent to a confirmed address. I then get an email 4 days after posting from eBay saying dont send the item after I had already sent it and boom my available balance dropped and goodbye to the money. I tried contacting the buyer but nothing, tried contacting eBay and nothing and Paypal support were far from helpful. As I am sure you can appreciate its made me a bit more cautious now. All this talk of buyer protection what about seller protection? Theres nothing we just keep getting shafted.

Login to Me Too

Soysauce
Contributor
Contributor

This rant isnt directed at you Kernowlass its just extremely frustrating from a sellers perspective.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No prob but you did say proof of postage and not proof of delivery.

Can't understand why you lost out with proof of delivery, that does sound unfair, did you phone paypal?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Soysauce
Contributor
Contributor

I did and must have rung them about 10 times and it never got sorted. I dont know if you are UK based like myself but the Royal Mail Special Delivery proof of postage is a tracking number that shows a proof of delivery on it also with an image of the signature which I did provide to Paypal at the time.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes i am UK and providing that info for pricy items should have worked, did they not give you a reason?? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.