USD?

ZumbaQueen
Contributor
Contributor

I live in the UK, the people that have bought items from me on Ebay are in the UK. Why is my account showing in US dollars? And why when I try to transfer MY money into my bank account does it only show one transaction? I've sold three items with a fourth waiting for the end of the auction. I want the FULL amount in UK sterling. It's ridiculous.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Check your account profile settings for primary currency.

Login to your PayPal Account

Click on the Profile link

Select "My Money"

To the right of PayPal Balance, hover over 'More' and select "'Currencies"

Under Manage Currencies, you can make the needed changes.

Login to Me Too

ZumbaQueen
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help but I've done that and it's still showing £12.36, it should be £13. It's still being converted. And it's only showing 1 payment. I've had 4 that need transferring but I'm not transferring them untill it's the right amount.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Have you opened a u.s paypal account instead of a UK one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ZumbaQueen
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this account for over five years and this is the first time I've ever had a problem with it. It's fine when I paid for an item on 31st May so it just seems to be the incoming payments. I don't understand it.

Login to Me Too

bob1969
New Community Member

Yes I have the same issue, My primary currencey is set to GBP but when i try and withdraw money it is shown in USD - why!!!! is this some kind of attempt to confuse joe public so that paypal hangs on to OUR money longer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.