Transfer from Bank Account query

bardofely
Contributor
Contributor

Normally I have no problem transferrring money from my bank account to Paypal, although it takes 5 days, and it shows on my bank statement as having been transferred by Direct Debit (I did this successfully in August) but today to Add money the usual method does not appear to be available. Instead I find this which is not the way I normally do this and is confusing. Is there only this method of transferring money now?  has Paypal stopped the method I normally use? 

Move money from your bank to your PayPal account

You can transfer money from your bank account in GBP to your PayPal account just as you would when making a domestic payment transfer. You'll need to use your PayPal Customer Reference/ID and enter it exactly as it appears below.

• Step 1 – Log in to your bank to make a domestic payment to PayPal. Follow your bank's online instructions.
    Important!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bardofely

Your not the only one and i have asked the moderators and apparently its 'being looked into'.

Meanwhile you are right there is only one option.

But you do know that as a buyer you never need funds in your actual balance do you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bardofely
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your quiock response, kernowlass! Yes, I know I do not need funds in my Paypal balance as a buyer because it can be taken from my bank but this is not what I am concerned with. I simply want to move money from my bank to my Paypal account. I am glad it is "being looked into." 

Login to Me Too

MarionBeet
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here! I managed - after a LOT of to-and-fro-ing with Paypal - to transfer some money in back in August of this year; now I need to put more money in (and NO, I don't want it to come out of the bank account, I want it IN PAYPAL!) and the way I've always done it has vanished. I don't have online banking, I don't WANT online banking, and I am currently furious at the thought of having to do all the phoning, emailing, etc for three weeks as I had to do before.

Login to Me Too

bardofely
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear of your problems, MarionBeet! I see this has still not been sorted out! 

Login to Me Too

MarionBeet
Contributor
Contributor

I have now managed to add funds to my account by a couple of rather strange ways. First, I tried to send money from my bank account to paypal at one of my other email addresses - one which is not linked to paypal. However, the system seemed to recognise that it was still 'me', so ... I cancelled the payment. And received a refund, which was sent to my paypal account! The other method was even simpler - I used the paypal app on my (Samsung) tablet, and requested money from my bank account there. Both payments have successfully arrived in my paypal account after about a week each.

So I'm now topped up with enough to last me quite a while, but as long as the tablet lasts (and as long as nothing else changes!), I now know that that is the easy way to add money to paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.