Still waiting for my money :( Will never ever use paypal again.

deales
Contributor
Contributor

I requested a withdrawal of funds from PayPal to my bank account on Sunday night and yet it still shows as pending!!! This is absolutely ridiculous, there is no way on earth that security checks take "up to" 72hrs. Admittedly 72hrs hasn’t quite passed yet but from reading other posts on this forum I do not hold much hope at all that the situation will suddenly change once 72hrs has passed.

Time for an email to BBC Watchdog as things clearly haven’t changed since last reported on the programme, in fact from what I read the situation appears to be getting worse every day.

Needless to say once I finally get my money I shall be swiftly closing my account and advising all my friends and colleagues that PayPal wilfully hold onto your own money for as long as they like without true justification to do so. In future I shall do all my purchasing and selling via Amazon who I have never had issue with in dealing with my money.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

deales
Contributor
Contributor

Just spoken to a lady in customer services who assures me that my funds will be released at precisely 11:58 this evening, which funnily enough is precisely when the 72hr window closes. This surely proves if it is the case that no actual checks are being carried out and PayPal are simply holding the money for as long as they can, I can see why they would do this, after all based on a rate of say 4% compounded monthly, £100 Million earns just over £4 million per year in interest so it is a nice little earner. 

Login to Me Too

deales
Contributor
Contributor

Well what a shock... the 72hr window has now passed and the transaction is still marked as pending. Thanks once again for your assistance PayPal, so actually what the emails and terms and conditions should say is... We will more than likely hold onto money that is lawfully yours for a random period of time, and even though we say "up to" we dont actually mean it and it will be released to you as and when it suits us.

Login to Me Too

Lwiddowson
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problems!

When faster payments were introduced my withdrawals cleared instantly, now they are being held for security checks for between 24 and 72 hours. 

Surely Paypal should give some explanation for why I have been 'checked' so many times when it is 'random'

It's disgraceful! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.