Speeding up withdrawals?

temp20190328i
Contributor
Contributor

Hello i am new here and just wondering if there is anyway to speed u a withdrawal to my bank account, I had a family member send me money for food and such due to financial problems and im on my 3rd day of waiting. Any help is appreciated, thankyou

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20190328i

Fraid not, its normally 2-24 hours in the UK but paypal often hold the first withdrawal for security for 72 hours.

But if they do that you normally get an email to tell you that, did you get one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp20190328i
Contributor
Contributor

new to this forum not quite to paypal. I didnt recieve an email saying so but its a little larger than normal (over £400, usually between 20 and 100 pound withdrawals) is the 72 hours including weekends? appreciate your reply thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20190328i

Yes it does include weekends and its odd you have not had the email.

If it does not clear on 72 hours then give customer services a bell  >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

Free from any UK landline.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.