Shropshire

Carolintrowe0
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have sent several emails today to customer service and get a different answer every time. I have tried to withdraw money today and was put as pending. I understand that this is for security and fraud. So I call Paypal and passed all security and informed them I was genuine and it’s me not fraud. First it was random but they can’t remove the pending even though I confirmed it was me, then it was because I hadn’t withdrawn such a big amount which I sent details I had, then it’s because I’m a new seller but it was money from a friend not a sale. Is this even legal as every criteria they stated I have met and some but no one can release money which is mine not from a buyer. The banks don’t hold onto your money and say owe we are keeping for 72 hrs just incase it’s not yours ! It’s security? No they don’t and if they did people would go mad. I understand if was from a buyer Payment until Goods delivered but moneybfrom a friend that I called and confirmed is not right surly? The intrest they must get from holding millions must be the main reason they do this surly. Any advice but please no copy and pasting generic answers. I’ve had them all day with no resolution.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carolintrowe0

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the UK

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990/1?channel=FAQ

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Carolintrowe0
Contributor
Contributor
Obviously didn’t read the post. I have been through all the generic pasteded answers from customer services. The fact is ever criteria Paypal have said it can be held for I have completed, security, amounts before drawn, random checks, herd it all and I’ve passed or it does t apply. From the posts I’ve read on here people are obviously getting the same unfair treatment and getting the same generic answers about policy bla bla. I’m otjer words we hold it till we have made enough interest on it then you can have it back which surly isn’t even legal. And before you say I have agreed to the terms by ticking the box, I’ve had legal advice that that doesn’t matter ! Me ticking a box doesn’t mean I agree to anything So don’t copy and paste and junk about terms and conditions please. If you. Any answer the case by looking into it don’t bother with your useless links to other posts
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carolintrowe0

You don't 'complete' the requirements the 72 hour hold can randomly occur at anytime.

Thats what the link tells you and why I posted it.

I still get the odd one every now and then.

My answer was not generic it was FACTUAL whether you liked it or not.

But hey don't worry I shan't bother to give up my time to respond to your posts in the future, I will leave them as ignored.

Bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Carolintrowe0
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah because you are just another wanna be Paypal volunteer that doesn’t no what he is doing. If you don’t no the facts don’t comment so yeah bye !
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Very Happy

Reported, ...don't hurry back now.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Carolintrowe0
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.