Pending review by Paypal time frame.

lucarelli
New Community Member

Ok so basicially I'm trying to withdraw funds from my paypal into my Natwest account.

It is currently 'Pending review by paypal'

What's the timeframe for this? 24 hours or 2-3 working as I've been told different.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PaulMoore
Contributor
Contributor

Very, very unlikely to be 21hrs.  It's 72hrs for the review + 2 hrs for the transaction to hit the bank account.

Login to Me Too

spatuluk
New Community Member

I tried doing a transfer yesterday, and my email says:

For security reasons, we are reviewing your withdrawal request, which could take up to 24 hours. After our review is complete, PayPal will release your funds. It can take up to an additional 2 hours for those funds to be deposited into your bank account.

I read 'could take up to 24 hours' optimistically, and thought it should be done within 24 hours, but I guess the 'could' kinda renders it all invalid.  :s

So far, it's been 21 hours and it's still pending.  I wonder what they do in this review..

Login to Me Too

Robert_G0500
New Community Member

This seems to take 72 hours + 2 hours to your bank but I think everyone including the office of fair trading knows this is bull and just a way to keep hold of your cash for a few extra days. I understand the EU and the UK government have legislated against these tactics, but it still seems to be happening on most of our withdrawels for no apparent reason.

Login to Me Too

lucarelli
New Community Member

Okay, thank you

Login to Me Too

Biggy609
Contributor
Contributor

moosepaw
Contributor
Contributor

72 hours is the same time taken for a normal BACS/pre Faster payments days

Login to Me Too

Dazman
Contributor
Contributor
How to withdraw to bank instantly with no security checks.

Do you get anything like the following message when you attempt to withdraw to your bank account ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For security reasons, we are reviewing your withdrawal request, which could take up to 24 hours. After our review is complete, PayPal will release your funds. It can take an additional 2 hours for those funds to be deposited into your bank account.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here is how to get past this and have the funds transfered into your bank account without any secruity checks....

When you receive a message like this simply click on either the BACK or CANCEL tab and try the withdrawal again

You may see various security messages, such as 4 hours, 21 hours, 24 hours... etc

Just repeat with the BACK or CANCEL tabs until you get the following message (this may take 2 or 3 attempts, and usually happens more using the CANCEL button)

Review your withdrawal request details

Your funds can usually take up to 2 hours to appear in your bank account.

And there you go - your funds will be instantly transfered to your bank account with no security checks

Login to Me Too

Escomarcus
New Community Member
I'ma about to go on a campaign to destroy this company. When it's done people will find this comment and mock this crap as company. This is gross and disgusting holding people's money. I swear on my daughter's life crap companies like this must go. I would of just went to the damn store and will forever do such
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.