Pending Withdrawal.

Adnan2013
Contributor
Contributor

Hello basically i just made my first withdrawal to my bank account today which was £491 it was done at 4pm But now its 22:20pm and the status is still Pending may i ask how long will it take for the status to be changed to completed and when would i receive the money in my bank account?

Looking forward to the responses.

Kind regards,

Adnan

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Jawatabs
Contributor
Contributor
I am experiencing similar situation. Mine has been pending for three working days.
Login to Me Too

Adnan2013
Contributor
Contributor

Ahh 😕 mines still pending

Login to Me Too

laurenxben
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem i requested to withdraw funds sunday afternoon and mine is still saying pending withdrawal .

Login to Me Too

Temp20220728H

There are a few reasons for delays... this is that PayPal.....

1) Want to keep your money as long as they can so they can earn as much interest as possible (Imagine the interest of 1million £10 withdrawals)
2) Because PayPal RANDOMLY review against fraudulent activy (99 out of 100 seem to be review not so Random really)
3) Because PayPal are launching their Pre-Paid Mastercard to all UK accounts very soon. Delaying Bank withdrawals will push people to get a Pre-Paid Mastercard so they can access their PayPal money instantly, Increasing PayPal's market share in the Pre-Paid Card industry.

All unethical, All slightly fraudulent. But then WTF can one do, the biggest online marketplace is eBay and it is a requirement to accept PayPal on most sales.

I think everyone should start posting their experiences on here, this should then increase media awareness and maybe PayPal will stop their fraudulent activity because of more bad media attention.... actually they wont give a flying f**k and why should they. Lets all go back to doing car boot sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Anyway, I believe it can take 4 days to complete on PayPal and upto 4 days to appear in your bank. Or if your really unlucky your account could be limited and you have to wait 180 days.

I LOVE PAYPAL AND ESPECIALLY THE JOYS OF HAVING TO BE A PAYPAL CUSTOMER AS THERE REALLY ISNT MUCH CHOICE IN THE MATTER IF YOU SELL ON EBAY! JUST LIKE YOU WON'T HAVE A CHOICE BUT TO GET A PAYPAL MASTERCARD IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY OUT QUICKLY.

Login to Me Too

clairbear29
Contributor
Contributor
Im also having problems withdrawing to a verified bank account. Normally it takes 2 hours but in the last week I've had 24 and now 72 hour pending approval. Its really frustrating that you can transfer instantly but PayPal have the right to hold ur money. .I'm going to bounce direct debits now because of this. I wonder if I phone I can get the clearance?
Login to Me Too

Mr_Bhatti
New Community Member

Yeah every time Ive done it in the past its been a few hours but now its pending which is really annoying, whats the point charging for postage on eBay if you cant withdraw the funds to pay for postage?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.