Payment received pending!

dreamwriter34
Contributor
Contributor

Why do regular sellers with 100% feedback have to wait for payments received to be released by Paypal? And what gives you the right to hold payments a seller receives???? You hold payments with that laim excuse but you don´t waste a second to withdraw your fee from that payment! You have no respect whatsoever for sellers that use your service! Holding payments would make sense for first time sellers with NO FEEDBACK as a seller! But you are applying that stupid rule to EVERY SELLER!! Show some respect for the people that use your service and pay ridiculous fees for your service. Stop giving the same robotic and stupid answer to sellers that question you, answers containing links to pages that DON´T EVEN EXIST!! Show respect. As for me, I´ll wait the stupid 21 days for MY MONEY and in the mean time I´ll be placing a complaint against you to the proper authorities. And after getting my money, I will be deleting my account in this service and company. A company that has no respect for any user and is only interested in charging fees without giving a proper customer support and without correctly clarifying people! Shame, shame on you!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dreamwriter34

Firstly WE are not paypal, this is a user to user help forum so most replies you get are from users.

Secondly every single seller on ebay has been through the new seller hold. As its for buyer protection most of us did not mind.

Also it weeds out poor sellers.

As I sent trackable i NEVER had to wait 21 days, the most i waited was 10 days.

If you have 100% feedback for 2 items or sales then that is meaningless really isn't it. You need to have met the criteria set by ebay / paypal before you qualify.

As for complaining ebay and paypals user agreements that YOU agreed to when joined were approved by the FSA and its perfectly legal.

But as you said if you don't like it then just close your account, leaves more buyers for the rest of us that went through the hold and now happily selling and getting instant payments.

And as i said it weeds out poor sellers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dreamwriter34
Contributor
Contributor

So, let me see if I understand. Just because I only sold a few items, I am a poor selling even if I have 100% feedback on ALL of those sales? Really?? Is there any logic in that? Do you evaluate sellers for the quality of sales, or the quantity of sales? It seems it´s the latter. Am I a better seller if I have made hundreds of sales without always having positive feedback, than having made only a few sales with 100% feedback? For me at least, a seller with 100% positive feedback is ALWAYS a GOOD seller, having sold a lot or not! I understand the premise of protecting buyers, but Paypal doesn´t only have buyers does it? It has buyers AND sellers! And sellers have to be protected too! What is the point of making a sale, only to have the received payment held by Paypal and not even having the shipping charge released so the seller can ship the item?? Say what you want but it´s a bulls**t stupid policy, designed only to make Paypal more money in interests while holding sellers received money! And of the sellers complaining here and to paypal prove that, and prove Paypal is not providing a good service to their costumers. And as for you not beeing Paypal, the Paypal logo is on the top of the page, and it says PAYPAL community forum and has a link to it redirecting from Paypal´s website.

Regards.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dreamwriter34

Just because I only sold a few items, I am a poor selling even if I have 100% feedback on ALL of those sales?

I did not say that but paypal does not know who you are and so you are subject to the NEW SELLER hold until you meet their criteria for the hold to be released.

Do you evaluate sellers for the quality of sales, or the quantity of sales? It seems it´s the latter.

Well i don't evaluate anyone, did you not READ my post?

Guess you also have not READ the link supplied by ebay that explains the hold and states this >>>

You’re incoming payments will usually become instantly available to you once:

• 90 days have passed since your first successful sale on eBay, and
  • You’ve received £165 from sales on eBay, and
  • You’ve had 25 sales on eBay

So not sure why that applies to everyone but you???

Not sure that sellers need the same protection as buyers. As a seller myself I face few risks but am happy to comply with the hold so that buyers are encouraged to buy from me. Without ebay and paypal I would not earn any money in the first place so going through the hold was a small price to pay.

Yes there are a few sellers that whinge on here but thousands of others that don't and understand the policies.

And as I said this is NOT paypal, its a community help forum so most of the replies you get are from USERS and NOT paypal staff, you do seem to have trouble understanding the basics don't you.

If you put terms on your auction you expect your buyer to comply with them, well ebay and paypal put terms on their site that you are expected to comply with.

If you don't like it then leave, not rocket science and then let the rest of us get on with selling.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dreamwriter34
Contributor
Contributor

Just because I only sold a few items, I am a poor selling even if I have 100% feedback on ALL of those sales?

I did not say that but paypal does not know who you are and so you are subject to the NEW SELLER hold until you meet their criteria for the hold to be released.

You do not say that,but you implied when you said "But as you said if you don't like it then just close your account, leaves more buyers for the rest of us that went through the hold and now happily selling and getting instant payments.And as i said it weeds out poor sellers."

Do you evaluate sellers for the quality of sales, or the quantity of sales? It seems it´s the latter.

Well i don't evaluate anyone, did you not READ my post?

Guess you also have not READ the link supplied by ebay that explains the hold and states this >>>

You’re incoming payments will usually become instantly available to you once:

• 90 days have passed since your first successful sale on eBay, and
  • You’ve received £165 from sales on eBay, and
  • You’ve had 25 sales on eBay

Yes, you DID evaluate me when you said I was being subject the hold because I made only a few sales! As for the criteria mentioned, I am an ebay and paypal user for several years, have made the first of several sales a few years ago, and my sales total surpasses £165, so I can safely say I MET the criteria. If there is another criteria I have not met, where is it and why is it not mentioned along with those 3?

Not sure that sellers need the same protection as buyers. As a seller myself I face few risks but am happy to comply with the hold so that buyers are encouraged to buy from me. Without ebay and paypal I would not earn any money in the first place so going through the hold was a small price to pay.

Not sure if sellers deserve the same protection? You do know that there are sellers that send packages (tracked and not tracked) that the buyer says it never arrived and files a dispute and gets the money back leaving the seller empty handed, don´t you? And I have knowledge of sellers that had to refund buyers even when they have provided proof of shipping. Never happened to you as a seller?Lucky you!

Yes there are a few sellers that whinge on here but thousands of others that don't and understand the policies.

And as I said this is NOT paypal, its a community help forum so most of the replies you get are from USERS and NOT paypal staff, you do seem to have trouble understanding the basics don't you.

As for the "few whinging sellers", just browse the forum like I did and noticed for example, that in the first topic pages there are more than a "few whinging sellers". Browsing all the topic pages will surely show more unhappy sellers! And more are showing their discontent!

And I have no problem understanding the basics, and I do understand you are not a staff member from Paypal. Do you know how I know that? You answered my post almost immediately, not tomorrow or next week. And you may not be a staff member or in any affiliated to Paypal, but the members that have "Paypal" before their own nickname are at least affiliated to Paypal, and they do answer to topics.

If you put terms on your auction you expect your buyer to comply with them, well ebay and paypal put terms on their site that you are expected to comply with.

All fine with that, but as I said before, why does Paypal also hold the shipping charges, knowing that the seller needs that money to send the package?? Where is the logic in that? At the same time, why do they automatically charge their fee and don´t wait to charge it only when they release the payment??

And why 21 days??? Does Paypal know that if I send a package from my country to, let´s say, Japan, through surface post, it will probably take 2 or 3 months? Will Paypal hold my money for that time? And, if I have to comply to Paypal terms, Paypal has to comply too! And that is not happening. If it was, you wouldn´t have sellers complaining that Paypal is holding payments long after the package is delivered and the buyer has left positive feedback! can you explain that? Can you explain why we as sellers have to meet their demands and timelines and they don´t?? And don´t say they do,because they don´t! All the complaining topics in this forum proves it!

If you don't like it then leave, not rocket science and then let the rest of us get on with selling.

I will leave, as soon as I get my money. I´ll use another service to make my sales.A service that doesn´t hold hostage a sellers money. Oh and a service that has a support page,community or whatever, that when I have a doubt or problem, does his best to clarify or solve it, doesn´t reply to my emails with answers containing dead links to pages that supposedly should contain explanations and finally doesn´t say "if you are not happy,leave."

I will now leave to get on with selling. I hope you are better at selling than you are at helping people at a community forum

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dreamwriter34

Can't wade through all that rubbish.

Either put up with the hold or leave......up to you.

And yes i am great at advising folks, that is why USERS of this forum and given me high kudos and solutions.

But every now and  then we have to put up with idiots like you that think the rules should not apply to them.

Bye

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vickylowert
Contributor
Contributor
Hiya my payment is not from ebay it's from a friend so I'm a bit confused why it's pending and saying it can take up to 5 days x
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.