OMG..this is a joke

unhappycsmprt
Contributor
Contributor

someone knew I was having a tough time, so they sent me some money...firstly paypal said it was an echeque and it needed to clear, the other party said it wasn't..but pointless arguing..On the day and hour it cleared (today) I requested transfer to my VERIFIED bank account, and of course!    "WE have referred this transaction to blah blah blah 72 hours hold".   This is my first and last use of paypal NEVER again, prefer to take the fees on Western union, at least it's instant!!!  Now I will not see money sent to me in mid march until the first week of April, thanks to the bank holidays....not cool paypal, so not cool.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@unhappycsmprt

If it was an echeque (which it probably was if it was a friends / family payment) then paypal can't 'pay' you until they receive the funds themselves.

First withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the UK. Also 72 hours is 72 hours and bank holidays don't count.

But you are correct for receiving money from friends / family I also go for western union as its more or less instant.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.