Halifax bank

Ipuzzled
Contributor
Contributor

I have successfully added my Halifax bank account and verified it. However, it says "available only for for withdrawal". I dont just want this account for withdrawing from Paypal. I also want to be able to top up my Paypal account from it. Am I doing something wrong?

Do I have to wait for 5 days before the direct debit is set up? I think that may be the reason. You see I was trying to top up my Paypal account immediately after verifying the account. After 5 days, I should be able to top up my Paypal account. Am I correct?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why do you need to top up your paypal account??

Do you have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ipuzzled
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I want specifically to pay from my account rather than via my debit card. I have not linked my debit card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you "only" have a bank account attached to your paypal account then its unlikely you will be able to use it to buy stuff.

Paypal like you to have a back up funding source ie a debit or credit card before you can make payments from your bank account instantly OR upload funds to your paypal account balance.

Once you have a back up funding source then you can just pay without uploading funds to your paypal account balance first.

Paypal will CREDIT the seller for you and then wait for your funds to transfer to paypal from your bank account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mummytoaprinny
New Community Member
My friend transferred 50 pound to my PayPal she then I transferred it to my Halifax bank account,how long will It take to go into my account?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mummytoaprinny

2 - 72 hours, normally 2-24 unless you get an email to say it will be longer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ddmcdonagh
New Community Member
Hi - did you ever get this resolved with Halifax? I'm being hit with the exact same problem...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.