Bank account payment

Vanmuffin
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I paid for several items and my preferred payment was set to bank account transfer. When the money was taken from my account I had no available funds in my bank account, thus having a minus on my PayPal account. I credited my PayPal account the next day when I was paid to bring my account up to date. However, today PayPal have tried to take the money from my account again making me overdrawn and I am now liable for bank charges. Why was this taken from my account again? Will they try again even though I have paid the money back to my PayPal account (this was paid on Tuesday) I really cannot afford to be paying bank charges at this time of year. Thanks
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vanmuffin

When you pay someone paypal credits the seller and then goes to your funding source ie bank account for those funds.

If they are declined then they put your paypal account balance in negative and try again a few days later.

If that again failed they would use your back up funding source ie a card.

If you don't want to pay bank charges then its best to make sure you have the funds in your bank account before you buy items really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vanmuffin
Contributor
Contributor
My wages were paid late through no fault of my own, i didnt realise until after I had made my purchases. What I was asking was why it has been taken from my account again (today) after I credited my paypal account two days ago.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vanmuffin

Because its an automatic process, it would have been better to have left your funds in your bank account until paypal tried for the 2nd time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.