Are your PayPal withdrawals suddenly pending too?

sky_shrimp
Contributor
Contributor

My 12yr old PayPal account is in good order but my withdrawals have been pending recently. It's usually instant to my Barclays Bank account.

I tried to withdraw £80 on Saturday night and it stated it might take up to 72 hrs. I got the money the following Tuesday night. I tried again with £1 today to see if the hold was gone but got the same thing. I phoned PayPal and the agent said this is happening to everyone. He told me my account is in good order and said it could be because of a number of reasons but couldn't tell me why. I ask if it would be ok next week but he didn't know.

I use PayPal on 4 different devices. That's the only reason I can think of as to why I've triggered a red flag. If they need to do a security check, then surely withholding one transfer should be enough. We're paying for this service with the fees and I find this quite annoying. Is anyone else having this issue too?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Someaussiedude
New Community Member

There was probably a glitch in their system again. By glitch I mean your money got mixed up in the huge pile they just throw it all in, now it will take 72 hours to stack it into smaller piles again. Please contact customer service if you require no assistance at all, someone will be standing by to give you generic useless information.

Login to Me Too

TheMouseyOne

It's the same for me. Usually my withdrawals are instant but my latest one is stuck on pending. The email says it could take upto 24 hours to transfer to my bank account, but the 'pending' details says 3-5 days, so I'm not sure which is correct.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.