Missing transactions and refund

dawsey59
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

First time user who is very puzzled ,and the paypal help section sends me in circles.

I logged into my account this evening to trace where a refund into my account is. I received an email from paypal on 2/10 advising a refund would be be credited to my debit card for £47 83. OK ,I understand it can take some time to refund the debit card (why up to 30 days when its taken immediately?)

In my activity section there are no transactions showing although I have made two in the last 3 weeks paying through paypal both times.

Also, nothing is showing in the refund section?

To be honest, I'm pretty sick of paypal right now and need some answers. Hoping someone here can advise why my transactions are missing and why I can receive an email from paypal telling me my refund is due but there is no record of it on my account.

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SandraBach
New Community Member

That is disappointing that it can be up to 30 days? I was told 3-10 days I think. PayPal and the store that made the mistake didn't tell me anything helpful but I discovered that credit card companies have to protect themselves from merchants as well as customers from fraudulent transactions. So then a waiting period makes more sense. It probably has nothing to do with you on why you have to wait for them to verify the refund. At least you received an email so you can use it as proof if you never get it. Keep as much of a digital paper trail as you can if none of your refunds happen. Your refunds are not going to appear on PayPal until they clear.

Login to Me Too

dawsey59
Contributor
Contributor

OK refund resolved now and still unsure why my last transactions are not showing in Paypal activities.

Thanks for your reply.

@SandraBach wrote:

That is disappointing that it can be up to 30 days? I was told 3-10 days I think. PayPal and the store that made the mistake didn't tell me anything helpful but I discovered that credit card companies have to protect themselves from merchants as well as customers from fraudulent transactions. So then a waiting period makes more sense. It probably has nothing to do with you on why you have to wait for them to verify the refund. At least you received an email so you can use it as proof if you never get it. Keep as much of a digital paper trail as you can if none of your refunds happen. Your refunds are not going to appear on PayPal until they clear.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.