14 day payment delay

moorbank
New Community Member

The abilty to choose 14 day payment delay for me sending payments seems to have vanished from my account. How can I reinstate it?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moorbank

To change the default way you pay for purchases:

1.Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk.
2.Click the COG SYMBOL 'SETTINGS' near the top right of the page. (spanner thing next to log out).
3.Scroll down to 'Payment Settings'.
4.Click 'Pay after Delivery',
5.Under 'Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay', click 'Turn this option ON'

BUT if you have had a recent failed transfer or negative balance then you may no longer have that option.

Also not sure why you want to use it, you get no more buyer protection, all it gives you is a few more days before the payment leaves your bank account, the seller still gets credited the funds from paypal the minute you pay.

Personally I prefer to fund my payments via a credit card that does give you extra protection, but its your call of course.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Paul569
Contributor
Contributor

Absolute rubbish. I installed that option only to find that my bank account was cleaned out and left in a negative balance. I will be trying to find a human to deal with this and not some pre scripted automated bot 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paul569

Suggest you change your attitude when you do get through to someone or you may find you won't get any help.

And I think i can guess what has happened in your case but then I don't have a 'pre-script' that covers it Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Paul569
Contributor
Contributor

Typical response I expected from this shambles. Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paul569

Glad you were not disappointed then.

If you want someone to give up their time to respond to your 'other' thread with an answer then i suggest you ask politely.

Polite questions get polite responses, you got what you asked for Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Paul569
Contributor
Contributor

Fortunately I have managed to sort out paypals mess myself so I will not be requiring any assistance from you. Enjoy the rest of your day. Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paul569

Thats good, glad you took my advice and changed your attitude when you spoke to them so you got your problem sorted. Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Paul569
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't take any of your advice you self styled important insignificant little person. I just cleared paypals mess up with my bank. At least the idiots on the other end of the phone get paid for being a moron. What is your excuse? Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paul569

Course you did   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.