sudden changes on account

AFRO-FUSION
New Community Member

Just two days ago I was praising Paypal their services and products. I have been a member for a number of years first personal and then for my home based business.

Well I jinx it, they just sent me an email informing me that effective immediately all payments that I received would be held for 21 days. This they justified saying that after reviewing my account it appeared that I could be a higher risk for refunds to be issues??????????????

There have been no customer's complaints and I have issued maybe 3 refunds in 3 years.

I tell you what this would do to my business. Shot it down!

I FEEL THIS IS ABRUPT AND UNFAIR TO ME. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW I TRY TO HAVE A HOME BASED BUSINESS IN THIS HARD TIMES AND ECONOMY.

THE CHANGE GO INTO EFFECT IMMEDIATELY ALLOWING ME NO TIME TO PREPARE OR SEEK AN ALTERNATIVE PLAN,

I CARRY NO INVENTORY; THEREFORE, THE PAYMENTS I RECEIVE I USE IMMEDIATELY TO PURCHASE AND SHIPPED ITEMS AND ORDERS.

IF YOU HOLD THE MONEY THEN THE REFUNDS WOULD INCREASE BECAUSE NO CUSTOMER IS GOING TO WAIT OVER 45 DAYS FOR AN ITEM.

IF THIS HAPPENS THEN YOU WOULD CUT OFF THE ONLY OXYGEN LINE THAT I MILAGROS LISSETTE LOPEZ AND MY FAMILY HAVE AT THIS TIME.
MY BUSINESS WOULD FAIL!

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS SUDDEN ISSUE, I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS FROM ANYBODY. PLEASE RETRACT AND REVERSE THIS PENALTY THAT YOU ARE IMPOSING FOR NO OBVIOUS REASON.

I AM SIMPLY TRYING TO SURVIVE OUT HERE AND DOING SO WITH HONESTY AND DIGNITY. I SELL GOOD QUALITY PRODUCTS AND ART, MY HUSBAND AND CHILD ASSIST AND HOLDING THE INCOME WOULD BE A SHOT DOWN.

THANK YOU

**remove full name**

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Jjarhead
New Community Member

I second Ms. Lopez's frustration. Just received same e-mail & I did nothing wrong! 21 days holding my money! For what! 100% feedback, no disputes, non-risky merchandise. Called Paypal & was told this is being done to everyone. I dont buy it-message said they "looked into my acct. and determined high risk-BULL**bleep**! What are we going to do about this guys? Jjarhead

Login to Me Too

temp09022011q

I'll tell you why good customers like us are having our funds withheld... PayPal wants to earn more interest on our money.  That's right, the longer they hold the money the more they earn.

I no longer offer PayPal as an option for clients to pay me.  You shouldn't either.

Login to Me Too

Firebird44
New Community Member

I got the same message.  I have 100% positive feedback from Ebay, and I've never had a dispute or had to make a refund.

I'm wondering, has anyone checked to see if this message is legitimate?  It came to my email, my email program flagged it as "possible junk," and there was no PayPay logo on it. 

Login to Me Too

angryD
Contributor
Contributor

Would reporting this to the BBB do any good? I don't know!

Login to Me Too

angryD
Contributor
Contributor

I too am outraged by this change it's finally happened paypal is going the shady route like all the other banks. I have never had this happen in the 5 years as a paypal account holder. I too have a 100% feedback rating and 80 points. One of my biggest frustrations is when paypal dips into another account when you barely exceed the available amount while having more than enough in your "pending" balance which is a crock! I'm really P Oed!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.