Unverified account

Obak
Contributor
Contributor

My account is not verified. So I have some questions-

1. Can I add fund to this account?

2. Can i add fund from oDesk.com (a outsourcing site)?

3. Can I use unverified account to purchase online?

4. Suppose I have $100 in my account. So maximum how much I can spent as online purchase?

5. If my mailing address is wrong then what will happen?

Thans in advance.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Obak
Contributor
Contributor

Someone please answer me.

Login to Me Too

dlcandles
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal states that a bank account needs to be linked. Otherwise, there will be sending and receiving limits on your account. In otherwords, you hit your limit, you will be unable to purchase.

Login to Me Too

Obak
Contributor
Contributor

My account is not verified. But I have available balance in my paypal account. So why I will get hit limit message. How I reached the limit?  I just want to use that amount only and not over that. Why I need a bank account or credit card? Disgussting system of Paypal.

Login to Me Too

kara0346

Is $2000 including sending and receiving this year?

Login to Me Too

mickthehat
Contributor
Contributor

1. Yes

2. Probably not, If this outsourcing company owes you money, they should only send it to your registered bank account.

I would not trust a company that would send my funds anywhere appart from my bank account.

3. Yes

4. $100

5. Sort your life out.

If you buy something online, the seller should only send to the address you have registered with paypal (which should be the same as eBay if you are using them)

I am a seller and in my books, both of these addresses should match up.

As a seller, If I send to an alternative address (requested by buyer) I would decline.

Sellers have to follow a set of rules to be protected.

Buyers asking me to deliver elsewhere are normally scammers.

Login to Me Too

EkuquoL
New Community Member

No  Paypal only wants your bank account because paypal has no money[Paypal is not a bank]. So if you have a number/money in your account -- Its just a number.

Once you attach your bank account--PayPal then takes money out of your account and acting like a handler.

So... simply put.. If you have money in your paypal ... You don't. Once you attach a bank account Paypal takes out of your account to fill in the gap. Basically ripping you off. So if you got 100 Dollars in your paypal, don't link it to your bank account... You will have 100 dollars missing in your bank account. Because paypal "supplements" the balance. It is in the terms and agreements.

That is why you can't transfer, or receive a check without a bank account attached.

That is only why Paypal asks for bank information... Its not to verify who you are. You can do that with a social security number/home address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.