Paypal froze my child's account because he's under 18

Machopr042
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, just recently my son had his account frozen because they found out he was under 18, this is not fair because he already has alot of money in his account that he got from selling things on eBay and now he can't even access his funds because its frozen.

If you are wondering,he put the wrong age when he signed up for a paypal by accident,and so when he called to see if he could get the DOB changed to his real DOB today since he was trying to sign up for a Paypal Debit Card,they said his account has been frozen and that he would have to wait until he's 18 so his "limited" access to his account would be lifted so he could access his money.

This is NOT acceptable,we need to use the money in the account because he uses it to pay for groceries for me and helps me out with bills.

Is there any type of information I can send to Paypal or verify any information like his SSN or bank account ,my drivers license,my credit cards,etc. or anything else I can do so my sons account can be taken off this "limited" status?

This is NOT fair JUST because he's less then 3months away from turning 18,I am NOT waiting that long and neither is he just to access HIS own money,actually we CAN'T wait that long because I use his money to pay for bills.

This is completely unfair,I mean is it really going to kill you guys to just take this "limited" crap off my sons account just because he's a couple months from becoming some stupid imaginary number,in this case 18?

I hope this can be resolved ASAP,because I need to pay for my bills and I don't have enough money without his help,I'm not risking getting charged extra and all these other problems because I couldn't pay on time all cause YOU guys had to put a freeze on his account.

Sorry if I came off as rude but I am just extremely frustrated that this happened to my son,I would be willing to provide ANY information so this freeze can be taken off as quickly as possible.

Thank You.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

"If you are wondering,he put the wrong age when he signed up for a paypal by accident,and so when he called to see if he could get the DOB changed to his real DOB"

Sure he did

"This is completely unfair,I mean is it really going to kill you guys to just take this "limited" crap off my sons account just because he's a couple months from becoming some stupid imaginary number,in this case 18?"

Some stupid imaginary number ..... When selling and accepting payments you have entered into a contract.  A MINOR can not legally enter into a binding contract, that why you must be of LEGAL age, at least 18.

You keep blaming paypal, not once did you blame your son...put the blame where it belongs ...on your SON.

Login to Me Too

Machopr042
Contributor
Contributor

"Sure he did"

Your sarcasm is VERY immature,just because I'm sure there are many little kids that put the wrong age on purpose,that doesn't mean EVERY single human being that puts a age by mistake is doing it on purpose to gain access to paypal. Your arrogance is uneeded,please go away.

Just because my son is 17 doesn't mean you have to tell me to treat him like a little kid,he can VERY well take care of himself and I don't need you telling me that I need to blame my son,and by the way,he made the account for me on MY behalf,this account is being used to write this message because he can't login to the Community forums while his account is limited.

By the way,yes I still think 18 is a stupid imaginary number,there are other places in the world where there are kids having sex and getting married by age 15 legally,yet smaller things like this are being made a big deal of? A few years of difference really doesn't make a big difference to someone physchologically,and I have seen some teens act and behave much more responsibly then most 20-30 year old adults,heck my son acts more mature then my own husband,I really don't see age as that big of a factor.

Anyways,I am still awaiting help from someone who can actually help me,I would also be thankful if my problem cannot be resolved here if someone can provide an email or other way to contact Paypal other then their telephone number so I can get a more hands on assisstance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.