How to verify paypal without linking credit card or bank account ?

AbdullahCh
New Community Member

Hey paypal peeps,

I am a blogger and I receive my pay via paypal and recently, I started using it by buying things off ebay and found that I had a sending limit and I reached it after buying items worth $30 only! Now am stuck, I got my pay stuck in paypal, if I receive more of my weekly wages in this account, I might not be able to use it, so am not! I DO NOT HAVE a credit/debit card or a bank account to link my paypal to Smiley Sad Help me, is there a way I can verify my account or reset my sending limit ? I have heard the sending limit is not $30 normally! I e-mailed paypal about it, no reply yet. Please, can anyone help me with this ? Can I ask someone else to link his credit/debit card with my account ? Will I be able to use his balance on card via paypal or will it only help me verify ? PLEASE HELP! AM STUCK AND SO IS MY PAY! Man Sad

Regards

Abdullah

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Meatham
New Community Member

A year or two ago I was using my unverified paypal to pay for online courses.. then one day out of nowhere my sending limit was set to 0 and my money was basically stuck in Paypal.  It's been at least a year.. and that money is still stuck in there.

Good luck with trying to get your money out without getting a credit card or bank account.

Judging by this topic having no replies.. I'd guess we're S.O.L.

Login to Me Too

mak918
New Community Member

I am assuming that you are in the same boat I am in.  No bank account no credit card.

Ok I am about to reach my sending limit heres what I found out.

1. apply for paypal master card if they refuse you they send you an application for paypal smart connect which you might get approved on despite the credit card denial approval of either one of these will lift your limits.

2. To get funds out of your paypal account also apply for paypal debit card which you can use at atm to withdraw up to 500 monthly from your account I got the absolute worst credit on the planet and got one of these.

Login to Me Too

Quixotick
New Community Member
**bleep** I have the same issue:/
Login to Me Too

punla_richard
Contributor
Contributor

how i not get my money in my paypal account

Login to Me Too

punla_richard
Contributor
Contributor

: How to verify paypal without linking credit card or bank account ?

Login to Me Too

Travelr
Contributor
Contributor

I have a major problem with this requirement from PayPal.  I have been a PayPal user for many years and have never had a payment or credit card problem whatsoever.  Now, suddenly, they impose an "initial sending limit" as though I am a new user who might not be trustworthy.  I have used the same credit card for payment for all the years I've been using PayPal.  This is the acknowledgement I get for a long relationship with PayPal and 100% perfect payment and financial fidelity??  They try to sell this as an additional security measure, but the truth is that explanation is just a veil for a policy that allows them to reach deeper into your pocket and either secure a direct connection to your bank account or force you to switch to their credit card rather than the one you prefer.  This is not more secure for me.  It's extortion and I find it disingenuous and unethical.  This is the brain-child of someone at PayPal whose priority is clearly not customer satisfaction or customer retention.  

Currently, PayPal simply says I am approaching my sending limit and need to go through the verification process, but I haven't actually hit that limit or had my transactions suspended pending completion of this step.  So I will continue to use PayPal until the day I get a message saying I have hit my limit and can no longer process payments.  On that day, I will be done using PayPal for good.  Really stupid move, PayPal.  I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.  

Login to Me Too

iworkout
New Community Member

The same thing just happened to me - only I hit my $10,000 sending limit.  Like you, I have a perfect record.  I even spoke to a virtual customer service person - what a joke!  Yes it is just another way to have more of my info thereby increasing their power and decreasing mine.  I love the ease of Paypal but I may be thru with them too!

Login to Me Too

iworkout
New Community Member

Dude - get an ban

k acct. and a credit card - like everyone else on the planet!!  You can't do anything without them.  And good luck finding someone who is going to let you link up to their CC - LMFAO!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.